Over the years many new buildings were added to the school on North Chester. In 1935 the district began making plans for construction of a new auditorium. Under the administration of Franklin D. Roosevelt, federal funds were available for a P.W.A. project for the building. The district also contributed funds for the building. The auditorium, which seats about 850, was completed in the fall of 1937. To this date, it remains an important part of life in Kern County.
Standard Elementary School on Minner Avenue was opened in the late 1940's with seven new classrooms added in 1951. In 1954 Highland Elementary School opened and Wingland Elementary School opened in 1957.
All schools in the Standard School District were upgraded and remodeled during the 1990's. The original building had to be demolished due to safety regulations and code requirements. The second building was moved to the Kern County museum.
The community has benefited from those who have worked and volunteered in the district. Because of the ideas and hard work of community members, the district has provided, and will continue to provide, educational excellence to many students.